During the registration process for our products and services and on other registration forms, we will specify the types of personal information you must provide and the types we request. You can choose not to submit information we request, but this may limit or prevent Zero Degree from providing services to you.
2. Information We Collect
We collect information related to you through three primary means: directly from your inputs, from third-party sources, and with automated technologies.
2.1 Data You Provide to Us
The type of personal information we collect directly from you depends on how you interact with us and the “Service”. This may include:
Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address, social media handles, and phone number;
Account login credentials, such as usernames and passwords, password hints, and similar security information;
Other account registration and profile information, such as job title, educational/professional background and credentials, and photographs;
Comments, feedback, and other information you provide to us, such as search query data and issues, or information you send to our customer support department; and/or
Interests and communication preferences, including preferred language.
2.2 Data from Your Organization
We may obtain personal information related to you from the organization where you are employed or affiliated to activate and manage your access to and usage rights for the “Service” subscription of that organization. This may include:
Contact details, such as your name and organizational email address, postal address, and phone number;
Other account registration information, such as job title; and/or
Organizational user ID.
2.3 Data from Other Sources
We may also obtain contact details and other information about you from our affiliates and from other third parties, including:
Social networks used by the “Service” with your permission to access your data on one or more social networks;
Service providers who can help us determine a location to enable location-based products targeting your location;
Businesses with which we offer co-branded services or participate in joint marketing activities; and/or
Publicly available sources and data suppliers from which we obtain data to validate or supplement the information we hold.
2.4 Data Generated When Using the “Service”, Including Cookies
The “Service” may automatically collect information about how you and your device interact with the “Service”. This may include:
Computer, device, and connection information, such as IP address, browser type and version, operating system, and other software installed on your device, unique mobile platform and device identifiers, and other technical identifiers, error reports, and performance data;
Usage data, such as the features you use, the settings you select, your URL clickstream data, including date and time stamp of the referring and exit pages, the search terms you use, and the pages you access or search for on the “Service”;
For educational “Services”, modules, and test questions you view, answer, or complete; and/or
For location-aware “Services”, the region, city, or town where your device is located to provide you with more location-relevant content.
3. How We Use Your Information
Based on how you interact with us and our "Service", we utilize your personal information to:
- Grant, activate, and manage your access and usage rights to the “Service”.
- Process and fulfill requests, orders, downloads, subscriptions, or other transactions.
- Provide technical, product, and other support to ensure the “Service” functions smoothly, securely, and consistently.
- Enhance and refine the “Service” as well as our other products, events, and services, and to develop new products, services, and benefits.
- Offer tailored content and other personalized settings, making the “Service” more attuned to your interests and region.
- Respond to your queries, questions, comments, and concerns.
- Inform you about changes, updates, and other announcements related to the “Service” and our other products and services.
- Convey targeted advertisements, promotional messages, notifications, and other information related to the “Service” and your interests.
- Provide promotional messages and other information concerning our products, events, and services, as well as those of our affiliates and third parties (e.g., sponsors).
- Identify usage trends and conduct data analyses for purposes including research, auditing, reporting, and other business operations, such as assessing the effectiveness of our promotional activities and evaluating our business performance. This might also include other methods stipulated in customer agreements.
- Fulfill our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
If you are an administrator of an organization that subscribes to the “Service”, we will use your contact details to convey information about your organization's subscription and related services. If you provide us with contact details of your colleagues, we may reach out to them individually to relay information about the “Service”, possibly referencing you in the process.
4. Sharing Your Information
4.1 Your Organization
If you access the "Service" through a subscription managed by your organization, certain personal information and some usage data collected via the “Service” might be accessed or shared by authorized administrators of your organization for purposes such as usage analytics, subscription management and compliance, training progression, performance and remediation, cost allocation, and departmental budgeting.
4.2 Application Licensor
4.3 Our Group Companies and “Service” Providers
Depending on the “Service” provided, we may share your information with:
- Affiliates, trade names, and departments under our corporate group worldwide, as well as partnering firms that offer technical, customer service, and other shared service functions.
4.4 Your Choices
We might share your personal data with our affiliates, sponsors, joint ventures, and other third parties (entities for which we act as agents, licensees, application hosting entities, or publishers). This is to offer you information about products and services you might be interested in. The specifics of this sharing are determined by your communication preferences and other related settings.
The “Service” might allow you to post and share personal data, comments, materials, and other content. Any such details you disclose publicly may be gathered and used by others. Please exercise caution when revealing personal information in such public areas.
4.5 For Legal Reasons
We might also disclose your personal information when we believe it is needed for the following reasonable purposes:
- Complying with any applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or other legal obligations.
- Detecting, investigating, and helping prevent security, fraud, or technical issues.
- Safeguarding the rights, property, or safety of our users, employees, or others.
- Facilitating business transactions like asset transfers, acquisitions by other companies, or mergers with other companies.
5. Basis for Processing Information
When we collect or otherwise process any personal data within the framework of applicable data protection laws, we do so for the purposes of:
- Providing the "Service", completing transactions, fulfilling a contract between us, or taking actions upon your request before entering into a contract;
- Complying with applicable laws or other legal obligations;
- Carrying out tasks that are in the public interest;
- Enabling our clients to fulfill their legal obligations;
- Taking actions with your consent (where applicable);
- Operating our business, securing our systems, the safety of our customers and users, detecting or preventing fraud, or safeguarding the legitimate interests mentioned in Sections 2-4 above (unless these interests are overridden by your privacy rights).
Whenever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time. In situations where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing of personal data.
6. Data Retention
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to provide the "Service", complete transactions you've requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, maintaining business and financial records, resolving disputes, maintaining security, detecting and preventing fraud and abuse, and enforcing our agreements. If you access the "Service" via a subscription managed or sponsored by your organization, we will keep your organization's contact information after the termination of the subscription to continue our communications with you.
7. Location of Data Processing
We may store and process your personal data in your region or in other countries/areas where our branches or service providers maintain servers and facilities, including Australia, South Africa, Mainland China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Mauritius, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Singapore, the UK, and the US. We will take various measures, including contracts, to ensure that the data stored in any location is continuously protected according to the standards required by applicable law.
8. Data Security
We will implement a range of technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk associated with the personal data we process. These measures aim to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of personal data.
9. Child Privacy
We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 18, nor do we target children under 18 as recipients of our "Service".
10. Your Communication Preferences
When you register for the "Service", you can customize and manage your communication preferences and other settings by updating your account features and preferences, using "unsubscribe" or other "opt-out" mechanisms provided in the communications you receive, or by directly contacting us. We reserve the right to inform you of changes or updates to the "Service" as necessary.
11. Accessing and Updating Your Information
11.1 Your Account
The "Service" may allow registered users to access and review their account information at any time and make corrections or updates after logging in. Users are responsible for ensuring that this information is up to date. Registered users can also close their account directly through the "Service" or by contacting the "Service" customer support.
11.2 Your Rights
You have the right, in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws, to request free of charge:
- Access to your personal information;
- Correction or deletion of your personal information;
- Limitation or opposition to our processing of your personal information; and
- Portability of your personal information.
13. Contact Information